How Stress Balls Can Help You
Many emotional, physiological and psychological benefits of stress exist.
Tension Release: When you tighten your fist around a stress ball, the muscles in your hand and wrist tighten up. When you release the ball, the muscles relax which can release tension and stress.The size of a stress ball makes it ideal to use at your desk or in your cubicle after a stressful phone call or meeting.
Stimulation of Nerves: Manipulation of the stress ball can stimulate the nerves that are present in your hands. These nerves are connected to parts of the brain – especially the limbic region – that are associated with your emotions. The stimulation works like acupressure where stimulation of one area affects other parts of your body.
Diversion of Attention: By focusing on the stress ball, you will stop thinking about the source of your stress. Your mind and your body relax – similar to the effect that you can get through mediation.
Mood Enhancement: The brain stimulation that is associated with stress ball use can also release endorphins which act as pain relievers and sedatives. This can improve your mood.
Lower Risk of Stress Injuries: Regular use of stress balls can strengthen the muscles of the fingers and hands. Improving the muscle tone of these muscles can prevent repetitive injuries. Some exercises that you can try:
- To improve wrist strength, you can squeeze for a count of three and release. Repeat 20 times.
- To improve finger strength, you can pinch the ball between your thumb and each finger one at a time.
- As a hand strengthening exercise, you can twist the stress ball in both hands. Alternate the direction of twisting to get the full benefit.
Treatment of Hand Conditions: Using a stress ball can exercise the fingers and hands which may be especially helpful in conditions like arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Use of stress balls in carpal tunnel may be helpful but may also aggravate the condition.Stress balls may prevent the development of these conditions as well.
Ready to ship in 3-5 business day
|Dimensions||5 × 19.5 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Store Name: Teras Med Resources
- Vendor: Teras Med Resources
No.40-1 , Jalan Pekaka 8/4
Seksyen 8 Kota Damansara
- No ratings found yet!
- RM 48.00TheraPutty is the industry standard in resistive hand exercise material, very commonly found throughout physical therapy and rehabilitation clinics and hospitals throughout the world, as well as within the home. Each color-coded putty has a different consistency of firmness ranging…